Friday, April 13, 2007

ُُ"Sizadah-Be-dar" the day of nature


Sizdah-Be-Dar is one of the Iranian’s traditional customs which I am very interested in it. But nowadays it is named the Day of Nature. It is the thirteenth day of year that people go out to the nature: parks, villages, fields and countryside. They spend hours out of their homes with holidays, days for all schools and universities and 5 days for the other people. And the thirteenth day was unforgettable day for me from childhood until these days that I have I have three children. When I was a child I waited for these days because I knew in this day the children were free to play, to eat fruits and dried nuts, to eat lunch which is made in outdoor. Parents were more kindness and more friendly to the children and some times they took part in their playing. Because of these memories now I as a mother try to make a nice and pleasure time for my children.

In another words this day has changed a bit for me. The night before Sizadah-Be-Dar, my husband and I are very busy. At first I call all of my brothers in-law and my sister in-law, my parents and sometimes some of my brothers and sisters and some of my friends to share all responsibilities. Buying fruits, cookies, dried nuts and all the things we needed for lunch, preparing all the tools we need for baking, eating, drinking and being out side for hours are some of programming that we should be careful about them. My father in-law has a small garden out of the town which is about 50 kilometer far from the town. Interestingly, the children are busy too! They call each other and talk about kinds of some tools for playing and ordering some foods!! Checking the cars, driving, setting up the tent and grilling the chickens are fixed responsibility of men.

Finally, in the morning children are the ones who wake up very soon. They know they have a very goof time this day and they don’t want to waste their time. Breathing the fresh air, being with about to relatives, being far from the hubbub of town for hours and watching the joy of the children in the end of their holidays are very pleasant and lovely for me in the New Year.

No comments: