Saturday, April 14, 2007


Eight Years of Sacred Defence

All of you know the war between Iraq and Iran lasted for 8 years. But it is divided in 2 parts for me. One part was before I got married and another part was after that. When the war started I was 15 years old. I was full of feeling which was affected by revolution. Most of the time I discussed with my friends about that. I believed all the people should listen to the leader and take part in war and protect our country. I couldn’t see the other side of the war. How did women spend their times when their sons, their brother or their husbands were in the war? What were their feelings? I thought they shouldn’t be unhappy, worried or gloomy.
All of us know that the war is disaster and catastrophe. But in that time, we should defend against enemy and I as a teenager was very young to see some other part of the war. Until I got married with one of the men who was in the war for 8 years. The war was changed for me not in my beliefs but in my feelings and my views. According to my husband I was one of his encouragers. The war was become more tangible for me. All the days and night, I was in worried and fear. I couldn’t imagine myself without him. Every time he went to the front. He took part of my heart with himself. Days and nights were very long and lack of vitality. When the soldiers were in attack I thought this was the time that I should hear news. When he injured by chemical weapons it was for the third time he was injured but this time I felt him and his sufferings. I wanted to do what I could for him and didn’t miss him. 8 years of sacred defense is full of memories for every one. Can you imagine being happy and unhappy in the same time. When radio and TV announced the victory news from the fronts I was happy of that news and become very worried and distressed about my husband. Those days and years were difficult and prideful.
As a mater of fact, my husband’s letters to me, his photos and his duty letter are very important things for me. I have kept them carefully. They are a part of my life and my memories. Some day, I am sure, they will be valuable and honorable things for my children as well.

3 comments:

S. Susan Marandi said...

Very good job; full of feelings and interesting descriptions. Nice pictures, too!

Keep it up! :-)

truth seekers said...

It seems that you have touched the desastrous war deeply and have expresed it from bottom of your heart.

Maryam Ahmadzadeh said...

Dear Ms. Rezaee,
It was a very interesting post. I am so happy to see that you are working hard.

Take care,
Maryam